Wednesday, July 9, 2014

nuntium centesimum quinquagesimum primum- dreamcatcher solution

My younger daughter requested a dreamcatcher like her sister's.  When I'd finished, I gave it to her and she gave me one of those incredulous looks that only a teenager can create.

"Where's the tassel, Maman?"
"I thought you wanted a pendant like your sister's."

The look.

"So, you'd like another bookmark?"
"Well, yes." (The "duh" was implied.)

Blue ice, size 20 (does it count as a different motif since the count changes each time?)
And lest I make her sound horrible, she gave me a huge smile and hug and gushed about how much she liked it later.

I liked it so well, I made three more!

Herbal Garden, Blue Ice, Blue River Glades all size 20

What tickles me the most is that #1 daughter is the reader.  (She blew through Storm Front yesterday- I think that was Karen who got me on Harry Dresden.) Even though I've made her several bookmarks, she just shoves whatever is nearby into whatever book she's reading.  Typically she reads them so fast, she doesn't need a bookmark.
#2 daughter, who now has a dreamcatcher bookmark, would rather be outside or socializing even though she does read.

Aren't kids funny?

I'm still of two minds about the little dreamcatcher- it's awfully "cute" but I'm not sure about the feather.





14 comments:

  1. Yes, very cute! You could try them with a few beads or crystal instead... : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beads!!! or a crystal!! You are brilliant!!!!

      Delete
  2. As long as everyone is happy! I think the dreamcatcher makes an excellent bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great Idea love it and wonderful color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! I like the feathers! Very nice chains and tassels, too! Love the dialog, too. "The 'duh' was implied". Funny stuff!

    Did I read on Diane's blog that you have to go back to school early in August? That's just too soon! I'm distressed that it's almost the middle of July, and I'm retired! Summer is going too fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Teenagers are great fodder for dialog.
      Yes, hard to believe that in slightly more than a month I have to go back. sigh....

      Delete
  5. Great bookmarks! I have quite a collection of bookmarks, but I also tend to grab whatever is nearby. Every once in a while I remember to use one of my pretties. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I realized when I read yours that I never use one of my bookmarks either!!! Haha!

      Delete
  6. What lovely bookmarks =)

    I love using my own handmade bookmarks. I also keep extras handy to give away randomly.

    Maybe you can also try to dangle the feathers from the bottom instead? Kinda like Yarnplayer's "Dream".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea but I can't figure out how to have the picots inside and have something on the outer edge for attaching.

      Delete
  7. Oh, je n'avais jamais pensé à faire un piège à rêves en frivolité. Ce serait super pour mon plus jeune fils. Merci pour l'idée. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bookmarks, I like the idea of using a dream catcher for a bookmark.
    I do now use a tatted one since the one I have used for years broke, I said to myself I make bookmarks for my table and thought it was time to use what I make.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!