Monday, May 25, 2015

One, two.... - nuntium centesimum sexagesimum septuagesimum

One of my best friends had her birthday on Saturday.  When I asked her what she'd like for her birthday (she's not the kind to spoil herself), she said, "Well, I've always loved your tatting.".  I was SO surprised. I don't know why but most of the time I don't think of my friends and tatting.  No good reason, I suppose it just seems so ordinary to me.

So I puzzled and thought and thought and puzzled.  She's not really a doily girl and she has a kindle.  So, what to do?  We got together as TwinCities Tatters last weekend and Happy Bluebird brought a book to lend to me.  It's New Tatting by Tomoko Morimoto and I found the loveliest coasters inside.  PERFECT!  I've been working all week but school is pretty hectic right now so have only managed two.  More to come though.


Then my elder daughter, the one who tats noticed that I did the two centers differently!

Argh. 

8 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter whether the centers are the same or different. They're both pretty! I'm sure your friend will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would have noticed any difference, and I can't see the 'mistake', except somehow you ended up with 13 outer loops on the one and 12 on the other, even though there are 12 picots at the beginning! I love the festive colors, and coasters are a great idea for a gift! I'm amazed you even have time to tat! The end of the school year has to be hectic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty coasters! You could do half the coasters one way and half the other. Not that most people will notice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these coasters - and the thread color choice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful and the variegated color really hides the mistake. My daughter really like my tatting and when I point out a mistake she tell me "that is what make it made by a person and not a machine it is the little imperfection that makes it personalized" Hey is that pattern from the big book of tatting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, I was told that if I made a mistake it made it unquie to you, they both look gorgeous.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are very pretty Michelle. Will you be enclosing them in a coaster "box" (you know those clear plastic frame-type things) to protect the tatting? Or will they be used as they are? I would worry about staining that beautiful work. A lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hadn't thought about that but you're right! I'll have to find some of these. Thanks for the great idea!

      Delete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!